Fourth Quarter Recap:
- The Giants offensive line looking worn down by this Cowboys pass rush. Eli Manning having a hard time finding open receivers through the pass rush.
- Fatigue has set in for the Giants defense and the Cowboys use over 6 minutes of clock on their first drive of the 4th quarter.
- Tony Romo finishes off the 8 minute drive by hitting Miles Austin for a long TD pass. The Giants faced many of the same challenges entering last season and must get healthy if they hope to compete.
- The Giants put together a good final drive but have troubling finishing in key situations once again.
- Eli leads a nice drive with under 5 minutes to go in the game and finds Martellus Bennett for the TD. Bennett should have had a larger role in this game with the Cowboys sitting back in their two deep zone.
- The Key match up of the game turned out to be Ogletree versus the Giants second cornerback and Dallas won that match up.
Third Quarter Recap:
- The Cowboys open up the second half with a touchdown drive by the Cowboys. The Giants were unable to get to tony Romo and Corey Webster allowed 3 first down catches during the drive.
- The Giants struggle to find a rhythm running the ball. Gilbride showing more fullback downhill running plays instead of the toss sweeps of the first half.
- Giants can’t find the big plays they helped them win so many games last season…. As I type this Hixon makes a great catch down the middle of the field.
- Hynoski making a huge difference in this second half. He springs Bradshaw for a long run and the Giants first TD of the season.
- The Cowboys haven’t ran the ball on first down at all in the 3rd quarter. Short passing game taking the place of their early runs.
- The Giants’ defense keeps the Cowboys from scoring a TD to end the quarter and now head into the 4th looking to tie the ball game.
Second Quarter Recap:
- Nascar formation on defense causes it’s first turnover of the season with an interception by Michael Boley.
- The Giants can’t capitalize on the good field position and settle for the field goal. It’s deja vu all over again for the Giants. They can’t hope to beat good teams when they settle for field goals at the 2 yard line.
- On further review Cruz was held at the goal line and these replacement refs missed their first call of the season. It’s very possible that they don’t want the heat of making a game deciding call at the goal line on national TV.
- Cowboys offensive line continues to struggle against the Giants. The Giants defense is constantly being handed 3 and 7+ yard situations due to penalties by Dallas’ O-line.
- The Giants lose track of Ogletree at the goal line and allow a Cowboys touchdown. The Giants have dominated this football game but turnovers and missed calls leave them trailing on the scoreboard.
First Quarter Recap:
- Left Tackle position is a huge trouble spot for the Giants to start this game. Ware winning his one-on-one match ups and forcing the Giants to put RB help to his side.
- Interior of the Cowboys’ offensive line gives up a sack on the second play of their first possession.
- David Wilson is no different than any other rookie running back the past decade. Bradshaw also had trouble holding onto the ball his rookie year. He is talented and it is exciting to see him getting carries early in the game.
- Ogletree is beating Coe so far this game. Coe is starting at CB due to injury and has allowed 3 first downs on the Cowboys 2nd drive.
- The Giants defense has been very good on 4th down stops and they get another to stop the Cowboys 3rd drive. Rolle makes a great individual effort to trip up the ball career. He really is the leader of this defense.
- Penalties, turnovers, and blown assignments have been the story of the first quarter.