SNYGiants NFC Power Rankings (Week 17, Final)
Jim Mancari , Contributor
The Giants really blew it. They’ll need plenty of help to earn a playoff spot. Meanwhile, the Seahawks look like the most dangerous team in the NFC.
1. Atlanta Falcons 13-2 (Last week, 1): The Falcons clinched home-field advantage with a win over the Lions.
2. Seattle Seahawks 10-5 (Last week, 4): The Seahawks are pounding teams just in time for the playoffs. Watch out for Seattle.
3. Green Bay Packers 11-4 (Last week, 2): The Packers are in line for the No. 2 seed in the NFC after a bit of a slow start this season.
4. San Francisco 49ers 10-4-1 (Last week, 3): The 49ers may lose their division lead to the Seahawks.
5. Washington Redskins 9-6 (Last week, 6): The Redskins again showed up in a big way with everything on the line.
6. Chicago Bears 9-6 (Last week, 8): The Bears may fall victim to strength of schedule in their quest for a playoff spot.
7. Minnesota Vikings 9-6 (Last week, 7): A big win over the Texans keeps the Vikings playoff hopes alive.
8. New York Giants 8-7 (Last week, 5): What a joke! To think that this team actually won the Super Bowl last season. What a disappointment.
9. Dallas Cowboys 8-7 (Last week, 9): Finally, this team showed its true colors. There is really no reason the Cowboys should still be alive.
10. New Orleans Saints 7-8 (Last week, 10): If only this team had a defense, Drew Brees and the Saints would be in the playoffs.
11. St. Louis Rams 7-7-1 (Last week, 11): The Rams had an impressive road with against the Buccaneers. Watch out for this team in 2013!
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-9 (Last week, 12): After playing well in the middle of the season, Tampa Bay has returned to form.
13. Carolina Panthers 6-9 (Last week, 13): This season is looking a lot like last season for Cam Newton and the Panthers.
14. Arizona Cardinals 5-10 (Last week, 14): After a win last week, the Cardinals are right back to their losing ways.
15. Detroit Lions 4-11 (Last week, 15): Here’s a team that was supposed to challenge for the NFC North crown and now ranked No. 15 on this list.
16. Philadelphia Eagles 4-11 (Last week, 16): Let’s hope the Eagles don’t play spoiler against the Giants.
Follow Jim Mancari on Twitter @JMMancari.